Chopta tungnath is a small region of meadows and evergreen forest area which is a part of Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary located in Uttarakhand state, India and a base for trekking to Tungnath, third temple of PanchKedar, which lies 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) away.
Located at a distance of 1.5kilometres (0.93 mi) from Tungnath is Chandrashila, rising to over 4,000 meters (13,000 ft).
Chopta tungnath is an unspoiled natural destination lying in the lap of the Uttarakhand Himalayas and Offers views of the imposing Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. It is located at an elevation of 2,680 meters (8,790 ft) above sea level.
Chopta tungnath village is surrounded by forests of pine, deodar and rhododendron and is rich in flora and fauna including rare species of birds and musk deer & its a electricity free Zone.
Day wise itinerary
Day 1 – Journey to Dreamland Chopta from Delhi
- Pick-up from Preet vihar metro Station Gate no 3 at 9:30 pm.
- Overnight Journey from Delhi to Chopta & Connect with co-travellers.
Day 2 – Devprayag, Reach Chopta & Forest Walk.
- Reach Devpryag in the morning, freshen-up then have a meal.
- Enjoy the beautiful view of Sangam of Bhagirathi and alaknanda.
- We will reach Chopta early afternoon, check in into the most Scenic Camp-site of Chopta.
- Enjoy your Lunch with the View of Snow Capped Mountains.
- You may go for a forest (jungle) trek with our captain & witness beautiful views to feel yourself connected with nature.
- Enjoy tea & snacks in the evening.
- You will meet your fellow travelers at a bonfire & Music.
- After Bonfire, have your dinner and later good sleep to make yourself ready for the next Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek.
Meals included: Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner.
Day 3 – Tungnath and Chandrashila Trek
- Wake up early in the morning and enjoy the beautiful morning sunrise view from our Campsite & have breakfast.
- After Breakfast, We will drive to the trek starting point & start our trek to Tungnath (World’s Highest Shiva Temple). It’s a fairly easy & short trek but very beautiful.
- After Tungnath we will trek further to Chandrashila for a 360 degree view.
- Altitude :8,790 ft.(2679 m) to 7841 ft. (2390 m)
- Time Taken :4 Hours.
- Reach back to Chopta campsite in the evening & refresh yourself with Evening Snacks.
- Get ready for a Bonfire & Music session in the late evening & Enjoy Lip smacking Dinner after that.
- Take a sound sleep Overnight.
Meals included: Breakfast, Evening Snacks & Dinner.
Day 4 – Deoria Tal
- Wake up early in the morning, have your breakfast and check-out from the campsite.
- Drive to sari village which is half an hour away from our campsite.
- Trek to Deoria tal and Depart to Delhi after having your lunch.
- Reach Delhi next early morning around 6 am (tentative).
Meals included: Breakfast
There are no reviews yet.